As the saying goes, once a foodie, always a foodie! Quite relate-able isn’t it? And if you are a vegetarian, what is the best dish that every Indian prefers? Of course, it is paneer (cottage cheese)!
Yes, it is one ingredient which goes without saying that every Indian loves! What’s more? It can be made in a variety of ways, be it paneer matar ki sabzi, saag paneer, shahi paneer, kadhai paneer or any other form of it. And undoubtedly, whenever it becomes a part of any dish, it makes one of the tastiest dishes ever. We really want everyone to be able to make their own dishes and that’s why we have come up with the recipes of the best five paneer dishes ever.
1. Paneer Spider Roll
Image Courtesy: The Local Chefs
Before we move on to the main course recipes of this savory ingredient, let us first give you one snack item. So, here you go:
- Put a cup of chopped paneer in a bowl.
- Add some green chutney to it and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, put some curd and add salt, red chili powder, cumin powder and pav bhaji masala to it.
- Mix it well and add some boiled spaghetti to the curd.
- Wrap the spaghetti around the paneer and deep fry it.
And then it’s totally ready to serve! Easy isn’t it? Your kids are going to love this snack item with a Chinese twist.
2. Dum Paneer Kali Mirch
Image Courtesy: Flavors Quotient
Here comes a spicy delight for the main course. And without further ado, here comes the recipe:
- In a pan, heat some oil. Add cloves, cardamom, and cinnamon till it smells nice.
- Add onion paste to it and mix well.
- Add ginger garlic as well as some green chili paste to it.
- In a separate bowl of curd, add cumin powder, coriander powder, pepper, haldi and some red chili to it. Add salt to taste to this mix.
- Mix both the bowls and seal it.
- Simmer it for about 15 minutes and serve hot!
And this amazing dish is ready! So next time you have some special guests visiting you, make sure this dish is in your menu.
3. Paneer Makhani
Image Courtesy: Honest Cooking
How can the main course be complete without a rich and creamy dish? So, here it is!
- Mix the cubes of paneer well with ghee and season it.
- Add some essential spices like cardamom, cinnamon, black peppercorn, mace, and cloves.
- As the spices gear up and turn nice brown, add some onions and green chili to it to strike a balance.
- Add ginger garlic paste, some tomato puree, and powdered masala. Let it simmer.
- For a great taste, add some cashew nuts and cream. Mix the paneer well with this mixture.
- Garnish well and heat it up for a few minutes and this easy dish is ready instantly!
Now it is totally up to you whether you wish to savor this delectable recipe with rice or with a soft buttery naan.
4. Paneer Multani Tikka
Image Courtesy: Apna Food TV
Bringing out some authentic cultural flavors, this dish is totally going to take you to a different world altogether.
- Cut out long thin slices of paneer.
- In a separate bowl, to some oil, add chopped onions and powdered masala. To it, add salt, pepper, garam masala and cumin and then allow the mixture to dry off.
- Add some cheese, chopped ginger and chili to add some tadka.
- Prepare a batter with corn flour/besan and water.
- Spread the earlier mixture evenly on the paneer and deep fry in the batter. When you will take it out, we assure you, you will fall in love with the aroma.
And not just the aroma, the taste of this lip-smacking dish is obviously going to leave you wanting for more. So, once you taste it, don’t say that we didn’t warn you that you would not be able to get enough of this palatable dish.
5. Kadhai Paneer
Image Courtesy: Revi’s Foodgraphy
Lastly, we have brought for you one of the most popular dishes from the lot. Check it out!
- Cut slices of paneer into small pieces.
- In the kadhai, heat some oil and add cumin seeds, red chili powder, salt as well as garlic paste to it.
- Make some vegetable stock and add some tomatoes to it and mix well.
- Spice up and season the chopped paneer with red chili flakes, salt, cumin seeds and coriander leaves.
- In the kadhai, add the fresh coriander, green chili, ginger and a pinch of all other spices. Once the sauce is thick, add in the paneer and heat up on high flame and it’s done!
We know hunger pangs have hit you already by merely reading this recipe. So wait no more! Just get inside your kitchen and get going!
So what are you all waiting for? Be your own at home chef and make these delicious mouth-watering dishes and trust us you will not feel the need to go out to eat after you come up with these dishes at home! It’s paneer-e-licious!