Potato is one food item that never goes out of season. There are a million things which can be made by potatoes and they make the tastiest dishes ever. From fresh crispy french fries to chilli potatoes and from aaloo tikki to aloo chaat, there is so much variety that we can never get bored of it.
Of course, everyone has eaten the basic potato dishes and so, we have come up with the recipes for five exotic dishes that can be made from potatoes. Once you’ve tasted it, we’re sure you would cook these and only these when your hunger pangs strike.
1. Cheesy Potato Boats
- 2 potatoes
- 1/2 cup paneer
- 1 tsp green chilies
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Some coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tbsp Mayo
Image Courtesy: Hell Yeah It’s Vegan
- Cut out 2 potatoes into 2 separate halves.
- Scrape out the inside of all the halves with a spoon, and simultaneously peel off the skin from the potatoes.
- Now, in a bowl, add crushed potatoes, paneer, green chilies and cheese.
- To spice it up and make it mouthwatering, we will add chili flakes, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Add coriander leaves, rosemary, and mayo in this mixture for a richer taste and extra flavour.
- The above mixture should be mixed well and be put into the scraped off potatoes that we had kept aside.
- Heat it for about 4-5 minutes at 180 degrees.
- With the cheese melted and the amazing aroma which fills the room, the dish is now ready to be served!
2. Potato Garlic Tikka
- 15 small potatoes chopped into half
- Capsicum/Bell Pepper- 1 cup, cut in cubes
- Red Onion- 1/2 cup
- Cashew -10 soaked in water
- Garlic about 7 pods
- Yogurt – 3/4th cup
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp Kasuri methi leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- Coriander leaves and Lemon for Garnish
Image Courtesy: Relish The Bite
- First, soak the skewers in a cup of cold water, say or about half an hour.
- Boil the potatoes in a fresh pan for a while.
- There is a second option too, that is, you can microwave it as per your convenience.
- To make a fine paste, blend the ginger, garlic, and some cashew-nuts and set aside.
- Mix this paste with some red chili and coriander powder, add some yogurt, salt as well as a tinge of lemon juice to this mixture for a fine taste.
- Now, add boiled potatoes, bell peppers and sprinkle some onions to the mixture, and give it a whirl.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and assemble all the above ingredients on a skewer beautifully so that it looks incredible.
- Cook and garnish well and this delicious dish is ready. Plan a barbeque fast and use this one there!
3. Potato Pancakes
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 tbsp Mayo
- 1/4 cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- Sour cream
- In a bowl, add the mashed potatoes, mayo and flour, and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper according to taste.
- In a pan, add some oil and pour 1/4th of the batter into this hot oil till you can hear the oil popping.
- Mix well, and when it is fried take it out on a fresh plate.
- Have it with sour cream and trust us, this is amazing!
4. Parmesan Potato Sticks
- 1/2 a cup of dried breadcrumbs
- 1/2 a cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- A pinch of garlic powder
- 1/2 a teaspoon salt
- 6 potatoes
- 1/2 a cup melted butter
In a bowl, add the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle some salt and pepper over it, as well as a pinch of garlic powder. Mix these ingredients well.
Peel the potatoes and slice them into long strips.
Roll each strip into the melted butter and then on the breadcrumbs. Do this till the strip is fully covered and then butter it up with a brush.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F, and bake the strips for about half an hour, and your dish is ready to be served. You can use different sauces/chutneys to make these potato sticks even tastier.
5. Spicy Potato Nuggets
- Boiled potatoes- 200 grams
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Maida
- 1/2 teaspoon herbs
- 2 tbs grated cheese
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- Red chili flaked- 1 teaspoon
- Pepper powder- 1/4th teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- In a bowl, add two boiled potatoes and mash them properly with your hands.
- To this, add two tablespoons of maida.
- Sprinkle a good amount of cheese on top and add ginger to it.
- Add the herbs, red chili powder and pepper powder to the mixture and mix it well.
- Make a dough with the mixture.
- Now in the remaining maida, add some water.
- From the dough, make small cutlet shape rounds and dip them in the water and maida mixture.
- Now coat these balls with bread crumbs and deep fry them in the oil.
- Your potato nuggets are ready. Simply serve them with green chutney and you shall love the taste.
Now that we have given you these five amazing recipes, we expect you to try each and every one out. Moreover, these potato dishes are the ones which do not even take long to make, but taste exceptionally well. So just don’t give these a second thought and go try them out right away!